Friday 27 July 2012

MUA Heaven and Earth Palette Review.




Correct me if I'm wrong, but theres been a big hype lately over MUA cosmetics. Now, Ive got to admit, when I first came across MUA in Superdrug, it wasn't instantly love at first sight. The only thing that amazed me about it was the ridiculous low prices and I immediately mistook it for a brand targeted at miners. In fact, I couldn't have been more further from the truth.....






Yet, not being one to completely judge a book by its cover, I decided to check out the range and snoop further especially when their product range started to increase with face and eye primers, contour pens and BB creams to name a few and that's where I decided the brand definitely had potential and I am definitely not one to miss out on a big hype.


So of course, this meant that my wish list started to build up and right on top of it was the Heaven and Earth 12 eyeshadow palette which I stumbled across on a recent shopping trip  as well as many twitters tweeting away about it. Just the name is enough to keep you intrigued wouldn't you agree?


Without further ado, lets get down to the nitty gritty:


All their fabulous palettes come with 12 beautiful and complimentary shades so that a variety of looks can be created and at just £4, (Yes £4!) you basically need them all! The shadows are soft, blendable and easy to apply and surprisingly are quite pigmented for something so cheap. Has anyone also noticed how the third colour in the second row strongly resembles the 'All That Glitter's' Shadow from MAC?








If you favour the natural everyday look then this is definitely the palette for you. All the gorgeous shades are a combination of beiges, browns, bronzes and creams, enough for those natural wearable looks or can be played around with for that intense still favoured sultry smokey eye look a la Kim Kardashian for the evening. Just sweep the creams and beige's under a nicely threaded eyebrow, one of the nice bronze swept over the eyelids and finally, a brown for contouring and voila you have it! Easy, foolproof natural neutral/smokey eye.


Now here comes the best part, I am fortunate enough to own Urban Decays NAKED palette and whilst these may not be of the same quality and price range (Thank god to the latter!), they are still highly pigmented and impressively, glide on well, no fall outs with good staying power. For ease of application, I do recommend using a good blending and fluff brush though, as opposed to the eyeshadow applicator brush provided, just so that a good amount of the product can be picked up and blended well as personally I find eye shadow applicators a little 'amateur' and find that they do not work so well.

Another trick Ive managed to come across here is that dipping your brush in a drop and I mean just a drop of water to help in making the eye shadows glide on and build a heavier look. No eye primer is required as the shadow doesnt crease or smudge. Hoorah!








It might be worth mentioning however, that these shadows are not matte and powdery and may disappoint those that prefer this but the finish is satin like with just the right amount of shimmer making it perfect for every day wear particularly as I feel they are not quite as shimmery as NAKED, but certainly are a good dupe. Might be best to leave NAKED aside for those special occasions.

Also, it may be best to wrap the palette around in cotton wool....literally as if its had a bit of a rough ride or a fall on the floor, the shadows are likely to break, but the phrase, 'you get what you pay for' springs to mind here and at £4 you cannot really complain especially since the shadows are still usable. If I was to be a little picky, I would have liked to have seen some matte eyeshadows in here like UD's NAKED palette but like I said, that would be a little picky for £4.

To sum it up,  I really love this palette and plan on stocking up on it just in case MUA run out of stock or in the fear of it being discontinued, which I believe is highly unlikely though. You can imagine these must sell like hot cakes so if you are lured in, I suggest you put one or two in your basket and believe me, you will not regret it! Well done MUA!

Heaven and Earth can be purchased at all major Superdrug stores or on line at http://www.superdrug.com/make-up/icat/makeup/ or on the MUA cosmetics website at http://www.muastore.co.uk/.

Have any of you tried this palette? What do you think?




xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment