Friday 28 March 2014

The Ethnicity TAG




Hello my lovelies,

I wish this darn weather would make up its mind, don't you? Anyway, I have been coming across many TAG type blog posts and Youtube videos so I decided to do the Ethnicity Tag! Its pretty short but I thought it would be interesting so here goes:

What is your ethnicity?

I am Indian. If I have got this correct, my parents were born in Kenya and grandparents were born in India.

When was the last time you visited your country?

It was back in 2010. (Yes I need a holiday!) It was my first time going with my husband to visit my in laws.

Name one ethnic food you enjoy the most?

I love all types of foods, I am not particularly fussy when it comes to food. If I had to narrow it down, then it would be bhel, dhokla, pau bhaji and good old kichri, kadhi, and spicy potatoes with a tomatoes and chilli chutney.

Name one household item that best represents your culture?

Erm, this was hard. I really cannot think of anything. Does our spice box with all the little pots of our Indian spices count? the pestle and mortar also springs to mind, its the best to make your chutney with!

What part of your country are you from?

India- Gadat, Gujrat

Kenya- Nairobi.

What song reminds you of your country?

Oh gosh, in terms of Indian, I really cannot pick one, there are far too many!

For Kenya, there's the 'Jambo, Jambo Bana' song which I know all the words to!

Can you speak the languages of your ethnicity?

Of course I can! How else do I speak to the grandmas and inlaws? hahatick




Love and Lipstick

xxx






 

No comments:

Post a Comment