Tuesday 2 April 2013

Lush- The Sacred Truth Face Mask Review.

So, you pop into town one afternoon with a list of errands that urgently need seeing to and you just happen to walk past Lush and cant help but to go in. Wha t is it about that place? For me, it is definately all those beautiful smells, the way the products are all beautifully presented, and lastly the lovely sales assistants with smiles on their faces and bowls of lukewarm water in the hands waiting to give your hands some much needed spa style TLC.
 
Truth be told, I had no intention of buying anything. I already stopped off at Mac before and as usual splashed out a little more than I needed to as you do. In fact, I wanted to see if I could get a few cheeky samples of a few face masks and moisterisers as my skin has been looking a little drab as of late, plus was in desperate need of a detox as I attended a three day family wedding the weekend before with a full face of makeup on all three days so you can imagine just how much my skin needed a breather.
 
What do I like the most? The fact that there is always someone readilly available the minute they see you are having a browse around. I was approached by a lovely young lady who asked me exactly what I was looking for, suggested three suitable face masks and asked me to take a seat near a bowl of warm water whilst she demonstrated all three explaining their benefits. She was professional, friendly and genuine and really talked about all the products passionately. I didnt feel any pressure to make a purchase as the vibe you get in some of the other shops. Needless to say, my hands felt smooth, pampered and supple.

 
Out of the three she talked me through, I particualry liked the look and feel of the Sacred Truth Mask. When the lovely lady described it as 'A five day smoothie detox for your face' I just knew I had to have it. The first thing I noticed was the smell. Its a combination of wheatgrass, ginseng, green tea, fresh papaya, cleansing clays and nutritious butter all natural and handmade that promises to enhance and revive the complexion. The smell does linger on which is what I like most about it to be honest, not too sure if it would be everyones cup of tea though.
 
As with all their face masks, you apply an even layer, avoid the delicate eye area and leave on for 5-10 minutes and wash off with warm water and pat dry. The product is expected to last about threeish weeks as its live and natural and works best chilled so pop it in the fridge. You can feel it work instantly when chilled.


 
The results? On the initial application, my skin felt tight but I guess it meant the product was working. It didnt irritate it in any way and I quite liked the cold feeling on my face so I tend to use it in the mornings whilst putting the kettle on to really give my skin that awake and fresh feeling you often need in the mornings.
 
And after the third use? it has definately made a difference to the tired, dull skin I had, it has never felt smoother. At £5.95 for 75g it may seem a little pricey, and this may sound like a cliche, but a little really does go a long way, and it is all perservative free so I couldnt really ask for more.
 
I was so tempted to pick up a whole lot of other stuff but resisted the urge! And the bonus is collect five clean, full sized pots, bring back into the store to receive a free face mask! I cant wait to go back into that beauiful, heavenly place. it really is lush.


 
 
Are you using any Lush products?
 
Until next time!
 
Hinnah
 
xxx
 
 
 















No comments:

Post a Comment