Tuesday 9 April 2013

MAC Fix Plus- Review & How to



When I first started to see makeup fixing sprays or setting sprays come out in the makeup market, I did not comprehend their purpose at first to be honest. I just didn't see the use for them, if you have already created a perfect foundation routine, prepped and primed your skin, highlighted and contoured and then set it with powder, what was the need? Did it not smudge the makeup applied? Did it not ruin the look? Curious to find the answers, I purchased the Mac Fix+ spray and boy was I wrong! You definitely need this in your makeup kit, whether you are a makeup artist by profession or simply a makeup fanatic like myself.

Now I was aware that there were other brands available, I first became intrigued when MUA cosmetics launched their Pro Base Makeup Fixing Mist, truth be told, I wasn't totally convinced that at £5, there was a 'fixing time of up to eight hours' as specified on their website. It was only because I had stopped off at Mac to stock up on a few things that I ran out of that I decided to add this to my shopping. Having said that though, and to prove I am not a complete
brand/price snob, I will definitely be purchasing the fixing mist from MUA next down I pop into my local Superdrug, cannot really go wrong can I?

So, how did I go? To be honest, I did cringe at the price a little at first, £13.50 seemed like a lot for a fix spray, but it was a 100ml bottle and it did contain  "vitamin and minerals, infused with a calm-the-skin blend of green tea, chamomile, cucumber, topped off with the fresh, natural, energising scent of Sugi" and promised to "add radiance and fix makeup".



The first thing that attracted me to this was the smell, it was so invigorating and my skin seemed to take an instant liking to it. I tried to play around with it a little, I first used it BEFORE applying my makeup and it created the perfect hydrated base for applying my foundation and the rest. Thankfully, I had a three day family wedding and thought it was the perfect time to use it, so after applying a full face of makeup on the first day, I held this from a 25cm distance and spritzed and the product worked instantly. It mattifies your makeup and creates this luminous, dewy look. it was so hydrating!

I later discovered other uses for it and I just love a product that has multi use. I spritzed a little product onto my eyeshadow brush to help my eyeshadow glide on and stay in place and it really did! Also, I was thinking for when the days get hotter to just pop it in the fridge for a little while and spritz it onto the bare face as a refresher? What do you think? Good idea right and definitely one for getting your moneys worth. You can also add it to slightly creamier, thicker products like foundations for instance to help thin it out. I also love the fact that the top comes with a lock pump thing for you to lock the pump  so it doesn't leak in your makeup bag!

If I am at all honest, as much as I still find Mac Fix+ a little on the pricey side, I will definitely be repurchasing it as I will make good use of it. I do not use it everyday though simply because I do not wear heavy makeup so will just save it for the occasions for when I do, most likely weddings. The product comes out in a nice mist sort of way and not a full stream of liquid which is nice too.


Would I save lots of money if I was to simply fill the same bottle with water and use that? Most likely yes but then cucumber and green tea have been known to be good for the skin too, besides, there are many ways this can be used so money well spent in my opinion.

Mac Fix Plus can be brought on the official MAC website at http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/ (UK) and at all MAC stores.

Have you tried this? What are your thoughts?

xxx












No comments:

Post a Comment