Tuesday 24 November 2015

My #Winter2015 Essentials.

Hi my lovelies

I hope you all are doing well in this oh so miserable weather.
 
I am a tad bit late for this blog post to go up but as they say, better late than never.

Since it is well and truly the start of Winter here in the UK with the temp dropping  I wanted to do a quick short round up of my winter essentials. Albeit the terrible winds, cold, dark days and lack of sunshine, Winter does not mean you have to hide away indoors or outdoors for that matter camouflaging yourself with layers over layers of clothing. I am definitely a summer girl, yet it is in fact the winter wardrobe I look forward to. The knitwear is always stylish and on point and lets face it you can still look incredibly chic in the winter too.

With cosy nights in, Winter Wonderland, rocking the dark nails and lips as well as the seasonal hot beverages (Nom!) and I could go on. Read on below where you will find my five favourite winter essentials that help make my winter days a tad more bearable.


 Drinks

For those that know me well will know that I am a HUGE coffee lover and participate in Starbucks seasonal drinks all year around. For this time of the year, I definitely like to indulge in their Egg Nog Latte. It is my absolute fav! But lets face it, Starbucks on a weekly basis can burn out your entire bank balance so when at home, I like to indulge in Nescafe's Limited Edition drinks. The one I am trying at the moment is the Orange Spiced Mocha which is lovely after dinner in front of the TV.





Candles


There is nothing quite like a scented candle flickering away in your home during the darker colder days, not only are they soothing and relaxing, but the fragrance of some of them can be rather uplifting. My first choice would definitely be the Jo Malone ones, (Pomegranate Noir) but at almost £40 a pop I don't think I could quite justify spending that amount on a candle. So Yankee Candle it is, there are quite a few that I like from their range and it is hard to choose just the one but at the moment I am loving Egyptian Musk. The scent is gorgeous! Have you checked out their new additions Bundle Up, Cosy by the Fire, Berry Trifle and Winter Glow that launched this October?



www.yankee.co.uk/Save-50%


Coats/Boots

Winter is not winter without a stylish coat on hand and for me, a good one can last at least a year or three! I don't believe they ever go out of style and a last season coat can always be styled with the latest scarf, snood and hat.
For me, this black women's coat with a fur lined hat from Moncler is perfect. It is stylish yet warm at the same time and can be used for  number of looks whether you are dashing to the gym in your gym wear or to the office in business dress. The choice is endless.








A pair of stylish boots are also a must in winter. Not only do they look effortlessly chic but are great in keeping your feet and legs warm. (Uggs who?!) They can be paired with both dresses and jeans and can survive harsh weather conditions such as heavy rain and snow and hardly go out of style. Due to the fact that I am extremely short, I tend to find that ankle boots suit my frame and shape better and this winter I opted for these leather look, quilted panel, rounded toe boots from New Look in dark chocolate brown.



New look - £24.99

Oils

Not the sort to put in your cooking, I am referring to the skincare ones. Harsh weather, central heating and cold can  only mean one thing, dried out hair, dry skin and cracked lips. The Body Shop's Wild Argan Oil Radiant Oil 125 ml immediately comes to the rescue. The oil itself consists of organic Argan Oil and is a luxurious and rich oil that doesn't feel extremely greasy providing that you use a tiny amount and a little goes a long way. It can be used on both the skin and hair and is perfect during these months for providing that extra bit of nourishment and moisture. At £14.00 for 125ml it is a little on the pricey side, yet a bottle does last you a while and it does consist of organic Argan Oil and you are not being fobbed off with the cheapy stuff. 


The Body Shop's Wild Argan Oil Radiant Oil 125 ml (£14.00)

 Makeup/ Hair

Of course make up and hair just had to get a mention as lets face it, it is an essential right?
Each year the makeup and hair trend changes and you would have seen it on a catwalk first. For winter 2015,I am definitely seeing a trend that has certainly moved from bare faced beauty and loose hair waves to the more sophisticated expensive look. Sleek up dos and lipglosses have made a return as quoted by Vogue Beauty.

In terms of the sleeked back hair and polished look, I am loving The Body Shops Wild Argan Oil Miracle Solid Oil. It is 70% solid oil and again is multi purpose which is what I love about this range. It comes in a little round tin and is perfect for on the go and popping into your handbag. I use it to treat flyaway and baby hairs to keep my hair sleek as well as on dry patches of my skin for that instant moisture glow.




#TheBodyShopUK Wild Argan Oil Miracle Solid Oil 50g £8.00


So there you have it lovelies, what are some of your winter essentials? I would love to know, comment down below.

Love and Lipstick

xxx


*Disclaimer- All images are sourced from Google Images and are not my own unless stated otherwise.










No comments:

Post a Comment