Thursday 5 July 2018

A review: Citylooks Salon own brand hair products.





Hey guys, hope you are all keeping well and are enjoying the beaut of a weather we are currently having in the UK. So today I will be writing up my review on these two fab new hair products I was sent to review. Firstly before I jump right into this post, I just wanted to give you a bit of background on the salon itself and the lovely person behind it. 


 I first discovered City Looks Hair Salon early last year mainly through word of mouth. After many people frequently going there and posting their pictures of freshly done cuts and colours on Instagram and Facebook I became intrigued. 

It wasn't until when I had paid them a visit I realised what the hype was all about. I am a firm believer in you not only pay for a product, you pay for a service too. From the moment I had walked into the salon, I felt comfortable, relaxed and welcomed. The mastermind behind it all, the lovely Shifa gave me a brief consultation in what I was looking for in terms of my hair colour, she took on board everything I had asked for (and everything I had not asked her for ie brassy gingery hair) and to my relief she delivered it well. Fast forward a year later, I am still very much a regular at the salon and completely just put my trust into her whilst I sit back and enjoy a cup of coffee made for me by her lovely assistants. Overall, the ambience is relaxed, informal yet professional all at the same time, something not everyone can master successfully. 

During my recent visit, I was offered to review two of her recently launched hair products and of course I had jumped at the chance! Although this new fab range of hair care products have been in the pipeline in the background for many years for City Looks Salon, they have just been recently launched and are available to purchase at their salon in Leicester.

Their own range includes products from miracle sprays, to voluminising sprays, to fixing sprays to glossing serums and so on! There's a wide range and a guaranteed product for each and every individual hair type.

The two products I was given to try out were the Citylooks Colour glaze and their Argan Oil Hair treatment.

Although, in no particular order, I will start off with the Argan Oil Hair Hair treatment first. Now we all know the current Argan Oil hype for hair, skin, nails practically the whole body and what wonders it can do for us so I was very excited to give this a go. 

This product comes in a black pump 30ml bottle which I love as it means no messy spillages and you can control the amount of product you need. You just need a small amount to distribute evenly over your hair. The first thing that grabbed my attention was the gorgeous smell, it wasn't overpowering or anything which I typically like in a product. This product is great for everyday use and I just love how it is so versatile. 

The days where I have washed and conditioned my hair, I will apply a few small pumps whilst my hair is still wet and then blow dry it before straightening.The best thing? You don't even need to use a heat protecting spray separately when using this. 

When my hair is dry and straightened, I then like to apply a small drop all over to banish frizz and flyaways and the results are amazing! My hair is left feeling smooth and manageable and I just love how this product doesn't weigh my hair down and make it flat and greasy like some of the other similar products I have used in the past. 

Overall this is a great product and is great for daily use. It is one of their best sellers and I can see why. I use this on my daughters hair too when styling it and I just love how it doesn't irritate the scalp or leave any residue. I will definitely be purchasing another bottle on my next visit to the salon. A must have in every girls (and guys!) hair care routine!

Moving onto the next product is their colour glaze. As of late, a constant hectic lifestyle, not drinking enough water and major neglect to my hair not to mention frequent colouring has left it even more dry, damaged and lifeless. In a bid to restore some life back into my poor hair, I was very keen to give this product a try right away. The packaging is lovely, it comes in a silver sturdy tub and the consistency of this product is just right. It isn't  too thin and watery not is it too thick, it is like an intensive deep repair conditioning treatment and I just absolutely love the smell of this!

I have used this product three times now and I am not disappointed at all. After using my normal shampoo and conditioner, I then use a small two pound coin size of this and use it on my hair for at least 20 minutes before rinsing off. Whether I leave my hair to air dry naturally or use a hairdryer, I have noticed my hair to be more manageable, soft and less coarse. I cannot say for certain whether it has added any shine to my hair currently however with continuous use, I believe it will as well as enhance the colour of my hair and protect it from any dryness. As this glaze is quite rich and more like a deep conditioning treatment, it is not suitable for regular use and you may benefit from using it bi weekly as is more like a treat. This retails for £25 for 100ml which is pretty decent and can be purchased directly from their salon. 

Overall, I have enjoyed trying out these two new hair products, the results speak for themselves and it is clear that alot of hard work, expertise and passion have been put into them. 

I look forward to trying out more of their products as they do work from what I have seen so far. I wish Shifa and Citylooks Salon all the very best in the future. I not only recommend the salon itself but also their products too. Give them a follow on their social media, you will not be disappointed. 

Have you tried Citylooks Salon or any of their products?

Love and Lipstick

xxx

**Disclaimer- This is not a paid review. 





No comments:

Post a Comment