Thursday 19 July 2012

My Fav buys this week- Quick review



They say some of the best things in life are free. We all know beauty does not have to cost the Earth. After all, its what you put inside that matters, but we DO need a little helping hand once in a while. I'm all for affordable beauty, forget expensive beauty counters, its all about Superdrug with several affordable and professional beauty products, without the not so affordable professional price tag.


Here is a quick round up of my favourite beauty buys this week.


Now the days are a little bit warmer, I like to fake that holiday glow that gives me a subtle sun kissed and healthy look. Now, I wouldn't say my complexion resembles that of Snow White but this is just enough to apply all over without giving you that Orangutan look. I would give it 5 out of 5 for ease of application. Just use the lovely hot pink mitt (pictured) which you have to buy separately at £1.99 and I do suggest waxing and exfoliating beforehand to get an even application, although surprisingly, the product does not streak or smell horrendous and washes off in the shower the next morning.
Currently on a 'Save £2.00'  offer with its original price at £6.99.




I have set myself on a mission to buy and own each and every colour in the Barry M nail polishes range with the exception of the 'effects' polishes as I personally do not find these sophisticated enough for those post 25 years of age. The colour painted on my nails very much depend on my mood at the time and right now I am really feeling the paler colours in this range, the pale blue, the minty green but more so the peachy colour pictured above. Not only is it great as its neutral meaning it will go with every outfit, but it looks lovely on clean short nails or would be a lovely base colour for a french manicure. Looks equally great for a mani/pedi , so natural and delicate and wont scream 'look at me' and bring unwanted attention to your hands!


So you wake up and look in the mirror and cringe! The greasy, fine, limp hair you see this morning didn't look so bad last night you wonder.
The only problem is you need to be out of the front door pronto! Yes, I'm sure we've all been there which is why I decided to stock up on Batiste XXL dry shampoo especially as it is currently on offer at a bargain £1.95, a massive saving of £2.04. Unfortunately, we all need to skip the shampooing once in a while just because we lead such hectic lives, but this instantly transforms and revitalises hair and banishes oily roots. It doesn't require any water or backcombing nor does it leave any white talcum powder like residue in your hair. Hair is instantly left volumised whether its an up do or not, clean and fresh smelling. Genius!



No matter how many eyeliners I look into, inexpensive or not, I always come back to 2true Effortless Eyeliner (Number 1) and here's why:

Priced unbelievably at just under two pounds, do not be put off with the low price. The quality is great for something so cheap, it has excellent staying power and the colour does not fade even in the rain or if you've decided to sleep with it on after a night out on the tiles. (Not recommended, the sleeping with it on that is!)
Unlike some liquid eyeliners, I have never had a problem with skin irritation or smudging with this. The ease of application is great, you can hold it with a nice grip but most of all, I like the brush applicator, its not one of these thin, flimsy ones, and it allows to create a natural looking line and even thick dramatic ones. Perfect for any occasion, a little goes a long way, excellent value for money. Would definitely keep on buying this.


I have only ever used Bio Oil for stretch marks on my body and a tiny scar I have visible on my forehead. Lately, Ive started to get alot of dry skin around my nose and some parts of my cheeks so I decided to add this to my bedtime routine, putting my night moisturiser aside for the time being. 

Although, it can be applied on the face, I was a little sceptical at first in case I was to come out in a rash. Thankfully, this wasn't the case.


In the last few days, Ive noticed that my skin has been looking less dull and more radiant and appears smoother and more toned. Best of all, the oil does not make your face look greasy or stain, provided that it is massaged in well. Due to the oil contents, it does smell a little and you may need to wash your hands a few times after. As with most products, experts do recommended though that you use it continuously for a minimum of three months to really see a visible difference.

Bio-Oil contains Vitamin A and Vitamin E, Calendula, Lavender and Rosemary oils, and Chamomile extract. and does not contain any preservatives. It is suitable for all skin types.


Ladies, what are your best beauty buys this week and why? Remember, if you do head off to Superdrug anytime soon, don't forget your Beautycard, its a point per pound spent!


 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment