Friday 24 August 2012

Taking a break- Hasta La Vista Baby!


There comes a point in life where you just need to switch off for a while and recharge your batteries and have some much needed 'me' time. We become so engrossed in our day to day routine of being a daughter, wife and mother that you almost forget your nearest and dearest around you and what is happening in their lives. Sadly, we sometimes take it all for granted yet, as I have matured, nothing matters more to me than family, health and happiness and it is only because of my family, I am who I am today.

The simpler things in life are the best and believe it or not, free. I cannot remember the last time I took a brisk walk outside, watched a really girly DVD or just simply sat down with a mug of my favourite latte and a really good book for a few hours.

Sadly, it is the world we live in, there just are not enough hours in the day to do everything you want to and by the time you've put the kids to bed, cleared away the dinner dishes and cleaned the entire kitchen, all you want to do is just crawl into your nice warm bed and sleep till the next morning.

I am a firm believer in 'life is what you make of it' so I have decided to take a bit of a break from blogging and using social media extensively and focus on the other commitments and family life I have and everything else in between.  No one could be more gutted about this than I am but, it is something I need to do at this moment in time.

In the meantime, as soon as I have accomplished a few things that I have wanted to do for a long time, (enrolling on a Sushi making class is one of them!) I'll be back, bigger and better!

Hasta La Vista dolls! :-)

xxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment