Sunday 5 August 2012

Toppik- "Add Hair To Your Hair"- Review.

I am so glad I have finally managed to knuckle down and write a review on Toppik especially as I have had it for more than a year now and I feel it is definitely worthy of a mention.

Hands up if in your teens you've experimented with all the hairstyles under the sun, tight buns and ponytails, continuous use of the 'brick style' hair straighteners that were out then and to make it worst, cheap shampoos, hairsprays and mousses? Guilty!

So when you get to post 25 and find that your once thick smooth crowning glory is not what it once seemed, you become panic stricken. I certainly did. I began to reach out for all the hair growth supplements, thickening sprays and shampoos that were on the market, mashed up eggs, avocado and bananas and put in my hair hoping that by the following morning, my hair would resemble Rapunzel's which of course it didn't. The final straw was when I chose to spend over £100 on Nourkrin Hair tablets after reading such great reviews on it and it did nothing for me after three whole tedious and expensive months, I decided to give up and live with the fact that my crowning area may never be thick and healthy again.

After all, it was nobodys fault but my own. Throughout my teen years, I neglected my hair simple as that. With each day came a different hairstyle, each of them tightly pulled at the scalp, lots of hair sprays and mousse, never using a heat defence spray with my cheap Nicky Clarke straightener as the emphasis on it then was quite so much then and sadly, I could go on.

So, one day whilst sitting with a cup of coffee reading the newspaper, I came across an advert for a product named Toppik, Hair Building Fibres, to you and me, its basically a coloured powder in a discreet moulded container that could be easily mistaken for a food sprinkle. Having read the great informative reviews and amazed by the pictures (I'm usually a sucker for things like this!) I decided to try out the £4.95 seven day free trial. And I was amazed at how it really did work!

So, how does it actually work? Well, this is what the guys at Toppik say, "Toppik is an amazing new complex of tiny, microfibre"hairs" that perfectly blend with your hair. Toppik fibres are made of the same organic Keratin protein as your own hair. Through a unique process, these fibres are restructured to merge undetectably with your hair. You will instantly see a fuller, more natural looking head of hair than you could ever imagine"


Unfortunately, I never took any pictures when I first used this, but heres one taken from the official website.


These come in an impressive nine colours ranging from black to grey and even white (I chose dark brown as it was closest to my hair colour) and are suitable for both men and women. The best part is that it is a completely safe and natural way to eliminate baldness and thinning hair with no reported side effects. You just simply shake it gently over your thinning areas and within approximately thirty seconds, several tiny coloured hair fibres will lock on to your own hair, gradually building density and greater coverage. You can then simply comb over it to do your usual hairstyle and it will not be affected by the use of hairspray etc. Yes, it is really as simple as that! In fact, the results were so astonishing that two female colleagues at work decided to purchase the full sized bottle and have never looked back.

What are the down sides? Well to be honest, I cant think of any, this product is actually so advanced , I haven't come across anything like it since I brought it. I wouldn't use it everyday as it may be a bit much but for weddings and parties especially where you ll be the main focus, its great. It is completely natural looking even from a close view and can simply be popped in your handbag for topping up during the day, although I found you don't really need to except of course when you wash your hair in which case, it can be simply reapplied.
This works best on small areas of the hair so it may not work well for you if you have several large areas of thining hair and bald patches.






Toppik will definitely be staying with me for as long as its available especially as it doesn't cost the Earth. (You all know just how much I love a bargain!) A travel sized version costs £6 and £19.95 for a regular size which I can guarantee you will last you a long time. If you re having similar problems with baldness and thinning patches, don't bother wasting your time and money on seeking other products as this is the one!

Toppik can be purchased here.http://www.hair123.co.uk/acatalog/toppik-Hair-Building-Fibres.html.

It can also be purchased on Amazon and EBay for a slightly lower price :)

xxx


2 comments:

  1. www.biome.sk toppik

    ReplyDelete
  2. toppik hair building fibres are very durable too as you can put them on for a considerable period of time. They are the best thing for a quick coverage of your thinning areas and feel just like your original ones.

    Toppik Hair Building Fibres

    ReplyDelete