Friday 15 February 2013

Bye Bye Glossybox.


Lately, I have been anxiously waiting for mid February, simply for two reasons,  Glossybox delivery and Valentines Day, the latter being more significant obviously. Now, I signed up to Glossybox's monthly beauty box subscription after alot of thought and debates, the idea of receiving a beautifully wrapped beauty box each month filled with goodies and at least one full sized product appealed to me alot being the beauty addict that I am, yet, it was only after seeing reviews and blogs on it from several beauty bloggers that made me make up my mind and sign up for a three month subscription.

On receiving my first ever box, see it here, I was very happy and felt I was getting my moneys worth. Delivery was on time and I was excited resembling that of a little girl and I couldnt open the box up any quicker.

Come second Glossybox and I have to admit, I was a tad bit disappointed. Truth be told, the only product I was entirely satisfied with was the sample of the Elemis facial wash. It seemed to work wonders on my skin and best of all, it was free of any nasties and chemicals. Although, not satisfied this time round, I decided to give it one more chance before completely unsubscribing especially since I paid for the subscription in advance.

So come February's box, I believe a Valentines special, (images below, apologies for the poor quality) and sadly, after much anticipation, it was enough to make me want cancel future boxes. Now, I have to admit, the packaging was beautiful, as always immaculately wrapped in a gorgeous shade of pink. But, again, the products were a disappointment and I didn't feel were enough to the value of almost thirteen pounds.


A look at whats inside of this months Glossybox.

 
On closer inspection, here is whats included. (Yes the lollipop was a bonus product!)
 
  • Docteur Renaud Raspberry soft cream (Available at Marks and Spencer)
  • Narciso  Rodriguez For Her sample
  • MeMeMe Beat The Blues highlighter in Oyster Gold.
  • Coral lipstick by Helene Cosmetics
  • MICA Bella Cosmetics- Mineral blush in Terra Cotta.
  • A heart shaped strawberry lollipop.  




The front of the box





 
The flower design continuing around the back of the box.
 
Now, it makes me wonder whether Glossybox should spend more effort and time on the contents of the box, rather than focus on the packaging? Surely, it must cost them a lot to wrap etc, hence the postage and packaging they charge us. Is it worth it if it is only going to go in the bin after? Also, they should really consider letting us purchase one off boxes if we like the look of them beforehand. What do you think?
 
The worst thing was after tweeting Glossybox about being unhappy and wanting to unsubscribe, nobody had bothered to reply in a bid to get me to change my mind etc, so I simply logged in to my account and cancelled my subscription right there.  
 
Who knows I may reactive my subscription in future as I do feel I will be missing out on the beauty goodies but for now, I am happy to have an extra thirteen pounds in my account every month!
 
Are you a Glossybox subscriber? What are your current thoughts?
 
xxx 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment