Tuesday 12 March 2013

Crown Brushes- Initial Review.


 
 
If you are often on Twitter, Facebook and Beauty Blogs you will get to know just how much of a hype there has been on Crown Brushes lately and rightly so. Now I only briefly came across Crown Brushes when a makeup artist I booked last year for a wedding used them exclusively, but I started to get a more thorough insight of them when I started following them on Twitter and joined their Facebook page.

For those of you that don’t know, Crown Brushes are one of the largest brush manufacturers and have been doing so for the last 20 years so it is safe to say they are the market leaders when it comes to expertise and price. Their prices thankfully are at the more affordable end of the spectrum with a wide range of brushes, tools, accessories and make up all at quality, affordable prices catering for professional makeup artists as well as for those that DIY their makeup.  

Sadly, like many others, I am not able to fill my make up apron belt with the glorious MAC makeup brushes we all often lust after and also because I just cannot justify paying £20+ for a brush and so Crown have been known to be the best dupe after Sigma. I should mention, I do not own any Sigma brushes too as Ijust cannot handle their shipping charges and all the hoo haa with ordering them from abroad, not to mention all the negative reviews I have read about their customer service lately.

Following Crown Brushes UK closely on Twitter, you will come to find several users praising their brushes, make up and customer service and its hard not to check out their website and take a peek at what they offer. So one afternoon, they had a special Mothers Day 15% off offer and I cheekily took advantage of it and ordered myself a selection of eight beautiful brushes. From left to right, they are:

C224 Oval Camouflage
 
IB107 Deluxe Oval Foundation
C250-0 Mini Liner
 
C104 Angle Blush
C405 Angle Contour Blush
 
M10 Taklon Foundation
 
IB105 Tapered Blush
IB137Lip / Liner Brush

 
It wouldn’t be valid to write a thorough review on each of them as I haven’t actually used them yet with any product and instead, have just tested them alland at first glance, the brushes look and most importantlyfeel professional and of a good quality. Unlike many brushes from other brands, they do not feel scratchy on the skin at all, irritate the skin nor smell all artificial and dyed. I also did not experience any initial shedding of hairs too, although I will only be able to back this up when I actually give them a wash.

Overall, I am pleased with them and have already started making a list of what I’d like to order next! Their website appears to be user friendly, my whole shopping experience went smoothly and my delivery arrived within three working days as promised. I liked the fact that the majority of the brushes had the description on them which really helps as some brushes look completely identical, yet have two different purposes. I did however, wonder why some brushes such as the Oval camouflage (first in the image) didn’t, but I suppose over time, you do become fully accustomed to your brushes and their purpose so the lack of descriptionon some will not really matter much. My total was just under £50 so you can call it a bargain, however they do charge £2.99 for standard delivery, which I suppose is typical really.

As a follower of Crown Brush UK,you’ll always find new and exciting updates on their part, their weekly Twitter #makeupmonday competitions to submit a makeup look to win £20 worth of products, the recent joining of Karla Powell make up artist, their several other generous giveaways as well as the recent launch of their gorgeous Infinity brushes with vegan soft synthetic bristles that I am currently drooling over.

Check out their website here

Follow them on Twitter @crownbrushuk here

Like their Facebook page here

Do you own any Crown Brushes? What are they?

xxx

Follow">http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4935389/?claim=zzsrrqrg8zb">Follow my blog with Bloglovin




2 comments:

  1. I have some crown brushes aswell and I must say I totally agree with all your points above.. They are great quality brushes for a great price. I am also totally drooling over the new infinity brushes aswell :)Loved this article ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica, thanks for stopping by! Its always nice to see other people share the same thoughts as you :-) Isnt the Infinity series AMAZING!! Do stop by again to let me know if you purchase any new brushes, thanks again xx

    ReplyDelete