Monday 20 May 2013

Makeup Haul- Urban Decay and Sleek.

Hello Lovelies,
Today's post is going to be a haul on Sleek and Urban Decay but before continuing, I must add that as of the 22nd of April, I put myself on a spending ban, cannot believe it is nearing to one month already, it feels like forever!
Now, very quickly, I initiated the spending ban for myself not because I am on the verge of bankruptcy (not yet anyway haha!) but for the first time in my life, I really wanted to be in control of my purse strings. They have been occasions in the past where I have spent ridiculous amounts on junk, felt guilty about it the minute I got home, tried to shift it on EBay and failed miserably and so it was an endless cycle. I then later decided to make the ban just on all things beauty related as I felt I was constantly buying a whole load of brushes and makeup at one stage, a lot of the times just simply out of boredom.
But that's enough about spending bans, lets move on to the haul shall we? I am soon to be a qualified Makeup artist or MUA as it is more commonly known, my dream, my passion, my hobby. It seems like everybody wants to be an Mua nowadays, yet if you know me well, you would know that this is a dream I have been chasing for many years and have finally plucked up the courage to get myself qualified, all it needed was the constant love and support of my family.
For any aspiring MUA, you would know that building up your makeup kit/collection will take a great deal of time, effort and money and isn't something you can build overnight, unless you have the B balance of Mrs Beckham of course, in which you could even pay someone to build it all up for you, but then where is the fun in that?
I thought it was wise to start getting a few bits and bobs together well in advance, particularly taking advantage of sale and discounted items just so that I can gradually and successfully build a kit. For once, it was a beautiful sunny day, so Starbucks in one hand and handbag in the other, off I went for a little spree, it may seem like I didn't buy much but it almost cost me £100 so it is a little much I reckon but after all, I'm investing in this kit of mine and surely, as its not solely for me, it shouldn't affect the ban?
First stop? At the Urban Decay counter! I have been contemplating for the famous Naked pallete for far too long, every blog post, every You tube guru featured this and I wondered what was the hype all about until the lovely lady at the counter demonstrated on my hand using the primer potion first and then using Half Baked and I kid you not it didn't even smudge or come off, even after washing my hands twice. I love the fact that you get a brush and the primer potion with it, the full sized version is about £15. This palette suits most Asian complexions and is the ultimate palette for creating neutral, smokey eye, cut crease, you have it all. Best of all? they had a 10% off offer.
Next stop? Good old Superdrug and straight to the Sleek stand. Ever since they first came out, I have been eyeing up their Blush By 3 for ages, the pigmentation is amazing and I just love the colours. The only palette that appealed to me most was the Lace one, (below) I loved the fact that it had a mixture of matte, satin and shimmer so you can really play around with it and is suited for most skin tones.
Since they had a 3 for 2 offer, I decided to pick up their contour kit in medium as we all know just how important contouring and highlighting is when applying makeup. The fact that it had the sculpting powder, highlighter and bronzer all in one compact was perfect and I felt the shades in medium was best suited for most skin tones.
And lastly, all 4 lip quads! (Siren, Showgirl, Tease and Ballet) I have been drooling over these since their launch on the 8th of May and I just haven't seen anything like it. I own a few of their lipsticks so I know just how good they are but its almost like the lovely people at Sleek decided to get the best of 4 shades and depot them all for you in one compact  with a little lip brush (which personally I wouldn't use.)! Brilliant! 4 gorgeous colours in one, creamy textures not to mentioning saving loads of space? Perfect! Of course, at £8.99 each it may seem steep in hindsight but one lipstick alone is around five pounds and I'm getting sixteen shades for around £18 with the offer on, that's the way I'm looking at it :-)



Who is heading over to IMATS London this year?

Hinnah

xxx





















No comments:

Post a Comment