Thursday 19 December 2013

Apprentice Luisa's Bakers Toolkit: An insight and review.

Believe me when I say, I am no domestic goddess. I would have much rather poked my eyes out than slave over a hot stove in the kitchen. Oh and the endless episodes of Nigella, Rachel Allen and Ina Gartens that my mum and sisters put on were enough to make me feel nauseated.
However, once you become a mum the whole. ' cant cook wont cook' mantra goes completely out of the window, I mean lets face it, you cant be feeding your kids beans on toast all their lives.

Lately, I have started to experiment more and more in the kitchen as you do and have developed a real liking for baking in particular cupcakes.

Cupcakes have really taken the world by storm. I mean you can find them practically anywhere, a posh tea house, weddings, christenings, baby showers, graduations and even funerals. Whatever the occasion, everybody wants a piece. And whats more, nowadays, the choices are endless, more creamier frosting's, edible glitters, pearl beads, a wide range of flavours and if anyone wants to add more to the list, feel free!

I was very lucky to be sent some baking and decorating samples from the amazing  Bakers Toolkit, the 'innovators for everything cake decorating and baking related', as they put it.
For those of you that don't know, Bakers Toolkit was launched this year by 2013 Apprentice runner up Luisa Zissman, if you do not know who Luisa is, well where have you been?! Having watched The Apprentice religiously this year, it is such a privilege to be able to sample products from the very business idea she was putting forward to Lord Sugar.

From everything to the products, the branding, the website of Bakers Toolkit, one thing is clear is that Luisa is extremely passionate and professional when it comes to what she does best, certainly not just a pretty face is she?
Bakers Toolkit, on closer inspection appears to be very user friendly, simple yet effective and to the point. The site doesn't seem too cluttered either with lots of images and ads which usually has a tendency to put me off. The range is extensive and oh so pretty. Some may even argue that its only target market are females due to the imagery and colour used, however this can be debated.

So, lets move on the what I was sent shall we. (In no particular order)




I received the Blue Fully Edible Mini Pearl Beads, two Fully Cake And Cupcake Glitters in Turquoise Blue and Orange, Edible Shapes in Love, Ready To Roll Icing in Pure White and Pink as well as Blue Food Colouring Gel Paste to try.

The first thing that caught my eye about all of these was definitely the packaging. Its cute and chic and economical and would most definitely grab my attention if these were stacked on a supermarket shelf. All the products are clearly branded and come in good quality, sturdy packaging that doesn't look cheap.
I was lucky enough to try some delicious cupcakes from Yum Yum Cakes and Cupcakes and simply couldn't help but have a little play around with all the products! Don't they just look so pretty and far too good to eat! Take a look at my little creations with these and do excuse the crappy iPhone pictures.




 The blue mini pearl beads can add a great touch and extra detail to say a wedding cake, baby boy baby shower, a wedding or just in general. These are available in a wide range of colours too. And check out the wonderful innovative cute lids, I have never quite seen anything like these.


Next were the Fully Edible cake and cupcake glitters. Now we all need glitter to add a sparkle to our lives and well now you can add sparkle to your cakes and cupcakes with these amazing edible glitters. Again, these are available in a full range of colours and come in fab little pots you could almost mistake them for eye shadows! Simply sprinkle on or use with a brush as they suggest. I  got them in a gorgeous turquoise blue and orange colour.




 
Next, the Edible Shapes in Love is definitely my favourite out of the lot, these come in red and white and a mixture of the letters L, O, V and E. These are a perfect edition to cakes and cupcakes for a wedding, anniversary and valentines just for adding that extra special touch. The fact that these are edible mean you can practically use these anywhere for that romantic gesture, even of a piece of toast for your loved one. I will definitely be putting these to good use on my cupcakes come this Valentines!



 
 
As I am not a professional baker, I am still yet to try the Blue Food Colouring paste and the Ready To Roll Icing kit. The food colouring paste comes in a 30g squeezy bottle again in a range of colours and is perfect for icing, sponges and buttercream.
The Ready to Roll icing  like the other product again come in a wide range of colours and again looks like another fab product. Here is what Bakers Toolkit say about it 'The Bakers Toolkit Roll 'n' Ice Professional ready to roll icing has been made with you, the customer, in mind, by giving the smoothest, most professional look to your cakes, whilst being extremely easy to use. Simply remove it from the packet and either roll it out if you are covering a cake or get to work on your chosen model or shape'
 
 
I would like to thank Bakers Toolkit for allowing me to try these wonderful products, I would without a doubt recommend these to bakers and those who passionately bake frequently. I will definitely continue to try these out and look forward to using the food colouring and ready to roll icings. I just love how Bakers Toolkit provide simple and easy to follow recipes on their site too, they are definitely worth checking out.

Check out Bakers Toolkit here:
 
 
Follow them on Twitter here:
 
@bakers_toolkit
 
And of course keep up to date with Luisa here:
 
https://twitter.com/TheLuluLife

Now available to purchase from www.the-bakershop.co.uk
 

Happy Baking! Until next time xx
 
 








 

 

 

 



 



 

 

 

 

 
 
 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment