Sunday 11 January 2015

Meet and Greet With Amena AKA Pearl Daisy.

Hi my angels

Hope you are all keeping well. 

When Amena from Pearl Daisy recently held a meet and greet right here in Leicester at her boutique, I knew I just had to go. I have been following her Youtube channel for quite some time now and lets just say I was a teeny bit starstruck upon meeting her. If you've been seeing someone constantly on the screen and then to meet them in person is a little bit exciting wouldnt you agree? She is even more stunning in real life, sweet and humble and very easy to have a conversation with, With her immaculate trademark snood hijab, flawless makeup and dress sense (She is tall and petite!) and her familiar voice, I got to have a little chat about blogging, our kids and what is it like moving to Leicester after living in London. Heres a few bits of what we came up with. Enjoy! 

How do you juggle work, kids, husband and house chores? Surely you must be superwoman!


Everything in due proportion! I divide my time as any other person working

full time, prioritising some things and cutting out others. Let's just say

I rarely watch television and shopping trips are usually rushed!






Where do you see yourself in 5years time?




I tend not to think that far ahead! As long as my family and I are

together and safe, I imagine we could be anywhere in the world!



If you were not doing what you are doing, what would you be doing instead?




Teaching or writing.







What motivated you to begin a YouTube channel?




I set up my channel on a whim without the intention of uploading videos. I

think I signed up for a YouTube account a few years before my first video

went up!

What advice would you give to girls (and guys!) who aspire to start a YouTube channel?




Be authentic and develop your brand with integrity.









How do you like to unwind after a long day?

Reclined on a sofa with a cuppa tea!



Name one thing you would change about yourself?




Wish I could master more languages!



How do you deal with some of the negativity associated with social media
followers?




What negativity? Haha! I tend not to focus on it; negativity exists

everywhere - it's how you respond to it that determines how it impacts

you.

How do you stay in shape?




Mostly I like to stay active constantly rather than to stick to any strict


regiment. I love going on walks, jogging and yoga.


Where did the name Pearl Daisy stem from?






My husband came up with the 'Pearl' and I contributed 'Daisy'.





Love and Lipstick

Disclaimer: All images copyright of Pearl Daisy. Not to be used or shared without her consent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment