Saturday 19 March 2016

My IPL Hair Reduction Experience

Hi dolls,

I hope you are all well. 

Today I wanted to share my IPL hair reduction experience with you all as I know it is a popular topic and lets face it we all want to be free of facial and body hair. I have wanted to carry out laser hair removal for as long as I can remember ever since I introduced myself to a razor and wax strips. The idea of having permanent hair reduction sounded like a dream away from the nicks, burns and redness from waxing and shaving.I knew it wouldn't come cheap and would need regular top ups. 

Upon my long and tiring search I stumbled across Clear Skin Leicester who was qualified and offered the service. I didn't hesitate to book in a consultation and a patch test right away as I was definitely certain this was something I had wanted to do for a long time. 

So what is laser hair removal? *Laser hair removal is a great method for removing unwanted body and facial hair without the burns, nicks, and redness of shaving and waxing. Laser hair removal is technically known as a permanent hair reduction process, and although it’s not total hair removal, it does drastically decrease hair growth and the need for shaving. The process is safe for use on most parts of the body, including the legs, arms and armpits, bikini area, chest, back, and even the face (except for the eyes). 

At my patch test, Clean Skin Leicester explained the uses of the laser machine, how it worked, how many sessions I would need, what it would involve and any other important health related issues. It was all very professional and thorough and I made sure I asked all the relevant questions that I needed clarification on. Upon doing a patch test on my arm, Clear Skin Leicester wanted to know how my skin would react to the laser machine and whether it would cause any redness or irritation. I was asked to keep any eye on the area over the next 24 hours and report any changes to my skin. Thankfully there wasn't any. 

Before I knew it, it was onto to treatment day one. I was a little apprehensive as to how the treatment would feel on my face. I was told to close shave my face the night before. Yes it initially sounded bizarre but in actual fact it is a crucial part of the process as the laser targets hair in the active growing stage and shaving encourages hair to enter this stage. The laser works by targeting and breaking down the melanin, (the pigment that gives hair their colour) in a hair follicle that makes it fall out and works best on coarse dark hair.

Each session itself does not take very long and typically lasts around 15 minutes. A cooling gel is applied onto the skin prior to using the laser machine, safety glasses to protect the eyes from the bright light of the laser. The actual treatment itself is not painful at all, if anything it feels like a tight elastic band snapping on your skin. The heat is also very comfortable to bear yet I did often struggle with the upper lip area as the skin is so delicate and close to the nose there. After each session, it is advisable to stay away from any direct sunlight and use Aloe Vera Gel on the areas treated to minimise any irritation and redness. I use a generic one from Holland and Barrett. 

All in all, I have had a total of four sessions on my face and I have noticed a HUGE difference, the hair that I would usually have to wax on my face every few weeks has reduced dramatically and not grown back since.My skin also feels fresh and rejuvenated too and family members have also noticed and paid their compliments! I have since then started a session for my underarms and with just 3 sessions, I have already had an 80% hair reduction! 

Here are a few pictures from my laser session. (Please note, the laser machine was not on at the time of taking the pictures. Please bear the horrible make-up free face! )




 The dos' 

  • Do consult with your GP or a medical professional if you are looking to carry out the IPL treatment, particularly if you suffer from any POS, diabetes or hormonal problems. 
  • Do make sure you have a patch test and full consultation to find out more about what the treatment can do for you, any concerns, how many sessions will be required as remember each skin and individual is different. Do know what to expect. 
  • Do make sure the night before each treatment you dry shave areas of the face/body that are going to be treated on as this will make the laser session more effective. 
  • Do make sure you are having the right laser for your skin colour. 


And onto the dont's:

  • Do not skip sessions as this will delay the progress. It is important that you carry out the treatment around the same time each month. This is what I have been doing and it has really helped me track my progress over the course of treatments.
  • Do not apply make-up, deodorant, lotions and tanning products prior to the day of the treatment. Also remove any metal or pieces of jewellery that may interact with the laser machine.
  • Do not expect to see results right away, it all depends on your skin, hair growth and to see any results will require a few sessions and patience. 


Clear Skin Leicester are based inside of Strands Hairdressers on Uppingham Road in Leicester, be sure to check them out on Facebook here. Prices start from as little as £49 for six sessions** on small areas. I suggest booking in a for a consultation and patch test and I highly recommend them for the service, you will not be disappointed. 


If you decide to book in a consultation and session do make sure you quote HINNAHS BEAUTY BITES to get that extra VIP treatment.

Love and Lipstick 

xxx












*Source_http://www.wikihow.com/Get-the-Most-Benefit-from-Laser-Hair-Removal


No comments:

Post a Comment