Saturday 13 February 2010

SUPERDRUG- GET YOUR BEAUTY FIX.

Everyone that knows me knows that I am a total make up junkie, which is why I just LOVE Superdrug. Maybe the fact that I was once a Saturday girl there has a little something to do with it, but the fact that is, I just luurrvveee a bargain and can always be sure to find a few there. Not to mention, the gorgeous hot pink themes and carrier bags you get to carry your lovely shopping in as opposed to Boots boring standard ones that looks better when my grandmother’s carrying them.

Whether you are simply stocking up on your shampoos and shower gels or buying vitamins, everything about Superdrug is fun and girly. What’s more, you find quality products at affordable prices. And if your budget cannot stretch far that month, (We all need to look after the pennies at some point!) Superdrug own brands are just as good.

To mention a few old time faves, Superdrug Vitamin E All Over Body cream 4754ml at £2.79 is an absolute godsend! I’m never without their Naturals Shampoo and Conditioner in Coconut Sweet Almond, smells so divine you almost want to eat the thing. And at just 0.97p it hardly breaks the bank. So what do I do? I buy four bottles of course and it still works out cheaper than one bottle of Head and Shoulders. Bargain with a capital B!

Much to the horror of my other half, my cupboard at home now resembles a shop, from a cellulite firming gel, to a bust cream, firming neck gel and a cute mini pink dental floss. See, the thing is, who needs expensive lotions and potions? (Crème de La Mer anyone?), when you can get absolutely anything and everything under one roof? Why pay a ridiculous amount for a moisturiser when one at Superdrug can do just the same thing to your pretty face.

If you’re a proper girly girl like moi and love magazines just as much as make up, Superdrug has a monthly magazine called ‘DARE’ and guess what it doesn’t cost a penny! This little magazine is like my mini high street beauty bible, its packed with lots of goodies up for grabs in competitions, the latest health news, interviews with celebs (Even A-listers) great offers, the latest hot looks and a perfect size to fit into your handbag! Could a girl be more happier?
To say im like a kid in a sweet shop would be an understatement…just recently I went in to stock up on a few beauty essentials and found that they now do a fab hot pick reusable bag for just 99p, all the more reason to shop and do your bit for the environment!
And what about the fabulous 2true make up range you can find on their rotating stands? Its obvious Superdrug hasn’t scrimped on quality with these gorgeous products and it ranges from bronzers to fake eyelashes and the best bit…? All at £1.95 each or three for a fiver! Hows that for a glam look on a purse friendly budget? My personal favourite is their Eyeshadow dazzlers in shimmering Copper.

You got to love Superdrug for their fantastic offers each month, this month I stocked up on my Vitamin C vits not just because I want to steer clear of a cold but also because they are Buy One Get One Free this month till the 16th of Feb.
For those lazy gals (And guys!) if you are just too lazy to go out, you can shop online on their equally great user friendly website
http://www.superdrug.com/ they promise free delivery provided that you spend £35 or more. Call me old fashioned but as much as I love all this ‘online’ stuff nowadays, I cannot get the same buzz as I do in store when I ‘oooh and ‘aaah’ over smelling the gorgeous shampoos and luxurious shower creams and hearing the beeps of my shopping being scanned at the till.

When im feeling a little low and miserable, I can always count on a trip to Superdrug to brighten up my mood and splash out on my beloved make up and creams without feeling guilty. J

Here are my top ten Superdrug essentials:

1) Superdrug Vitamin E All Over Body cream.
2) Naturals Shampoo and Conditioner in Coconut Sweet Almond
3) 2True Eyeshadow dazzlers in shimmering Copper.
4) Superdrug Vitamin C 500mg Tablets
5) Superdrug Total care Mini Dental Floss in pink.
6) Superdrug Extra Strength Mouthwash Original.
7) Superdrug Beauty Essentials Nail Polish Remover
8) Superdrug Lip Therapy Aloe Vera
9) Superdrug Cotton Wool pads
10) Superdrug Tea Tree and Peppermint Facial scrub.

I hope you found this round up fun to read as much as I had fun writing it J

What are your beauty essentials and why?

Speak soon,
Superdrug Addict xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Well Hinnah if this isn't something that would boost superdrug sales then I don't know what would! But I must admit their shampoo and conditioner the coconut and almosnd one is like ridiculously good and even more ridiculously cheap!!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lovely! Yes agreed, their shampoos and conditioners are well lush! :-) Hope you are well darling and we must meet soon for lunch x

    ReplyDelete