Sunday 26 October 2014

Review: BareMinerals BARESKIN Pure Brightening Serum Foundation


You know how a new foundation comes into the market  and you just have to have it? Well if I did that for every foundation that was launched I would have to declare myself bankrupt! Haha

I discovered that BareMinerals were launching a liquid foundation a few months ago. I have always liked BareMinerals products, it was when a good friend of mine that works as a consultant for them gave me a few samples of the mineral foundation to try,  that I found myself experimenting with the brand more. Was it enough to completely stop using what I was using and switch over to them, probably not.  I just love my liquid foundations far too much.

QVC began selling the BareMinerals BARESKIN Pure Brightening Serum Foundation prior to its launch earlier on in the year but I wanted to pop into my local Debenhams and get a proper colour match. Well why did this foundation stand out to me? It was Bare Minerals first ever liquid foundation infused with a brightening serum so of course I understood all the hype over it.

After being colour matched to what seemed like the perfect colour, my lovely friend sent me a sample of it to try. I decided to trial it out for about threeish weeks to see how I got on with it . I opted out from buying the buffer brush that’s designed to be used with it and decided to make do with the brushes I already had. I own far too many brushes anyway the little voice in my head said.

So lets move onto the packaging. I actually really like the packaging, it is a sturdy bottle with a nozzle top that gives you good control of just how much product to use. And you only a few small drops on the back of your hands. The colour range available is super impressive too ranging from the cool skin tones to warmer skin tones. It also contains SPF20 which is an added bonus.

As instructions state, it is important that you shake the bottle well before use seeing as it contains an oil based serum. If you do not, well the product will separate and you’ll end with an oily residue.  The serum has a light fragrance of coconut which i generally like. At first, seeing as my skin becomes much drier in the colder months, I was a little sceptical as to whether the product would be uneven and cling onto dry parts of my face? Thankfully it didn’t. I also found that it didn’t require much setting with a powder.



Before
Bottom Blended

 


Fully blended

The coverage is fantastic, a lot better than I thought it would be without feeling too heavy or cakey, I liked how it felt on my skin, very hydrating. Also, despite the serum, it did not feel oily at all on the skin which I really liked. If you have normal to combination skin, this may work well for you too. However, if you are on the oily side of the spectrum with your skin, you may not like the feel of this.

I did however question whether the application would be much more better if I had purchased the brush? Probably yes, there's a possibility that a normal buffing brush would probably eat up too much of the product on it bristles and you may need to play around with it a bit. I guess for ease of application and a more flawless finish the brush may be worth investing in. It retails at £24.

Overall, I quite like this foundation, it feels amazing on and I love how the serum hydrates my skin. In terms of it brightening my dull skin I am not so sure If it had the ability to do that. I definitely recommend this foundation and it will certainly be my go to product for the winter months. it can be purchased here at a cost of £26.

Have you tried the BareMinerals BARESKIN Pure Brightening Serum Foundation?

 
Love and lipstick.

xxx

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment