Friday 7 November 2014

Curiosa Neways: Henna Eyebrows and Henna Lips: Review






Hi Lovelies,
Today I bring you another product review, and this time amazing products from a company called Curiosa  Neways all the way from Sweden which had me a tad little excited, read on further and you will see why.

Now as I have gotten older, I have started to steer more towards natural skincare products in a bid to save my skin from some serious damage. Well, many of us just get so carried away we often forget the long term damage of some of the ingredients and harsh chemicals in some of the products we use. Lately, I have experimented with several natural skincare brands, however when I got the opportunity to trial out some natural makeup of course, I jumped at the chance.




For those that do not know, Curiosa Neways create effective and enhancing cosmetic products to a high quality of standard as well as adhering to environmental standards.

Their mission statement is “We shall create innovative and exclusive products through a combination of nature's best ingredients and modern technology.
We shall be in the top league in every product area in which we choose to compete.
We shall focus on fulfilling our customers changing needs by continuously adapting our product range through continuous innovation

Their range of products include lip and eye products as well as skin care products to tackle blemishes and so on.
I was sent the Henna Eyebrows and Henna Lips products by their lovely people to try. These are in fact two of their main products so I was very excited to give them a go.

Firstly, I must say, the packaging is lovely, a lot of thought has gone into it, although simple, it really does stand out and appears quite sleek and elegant. The Henna Eyebrows comes in a black box with the product name and description on it.




The product actually looks like a felt tip pen, it is a semi permanent pen felt tip pen designed to be used on the eyebrows. It is filled with henna extract so that our skin can partially absorb it safely without smudging easily. It stains the skin just as henna does without any side effects. I was happy to see that I experienced no major side effects and skin irritation when using this product.


Henna Eyebrows

At first, I was a little sceptical to using this on my eyebrows as it has quite a fine tip, but in fact it worked out fine. It also gave more control and accuracy in creating light small strokes. I found that it blended really well with my natural brows and lasted pretty much most of the day. As a busy mum, this comes in very handy in the sense that I can do my brows and not worry about them for the rest of the day. I also liked the fact that it was non waxy and easy to carry around in my handbag.


Henna Eyebrow on eyebrows


This product is specifically created for eyebrows only so it is important that it isn’t used on/in the eyes. Although, I did cheekily use it to enhance my beauty spot above my top lip!

I do suggest trying this on a small area first if you are using it for the first time just to be on the safe side. Also, Curiosa recommend keeping the cap securely fit to prevent the product from drying out.






Next up, I received the Henna Lips to try out. Again, I was equally excited to give this a go. Again, it resembles a felt tip pen that is filled with henna extracts to safely stain the skin. The lips pen is double sided and comes with a thin end as well as a thicker end to outline and fill the lips.


Fine tip and thicker ended tip.



The next morning after a shower

It contains 100% natural ingredients and I am pleased to report that I suffered no tingling or skin irritation. It is soft and gentle to use and the lips require no prepping prior to using. It glides on smoothly and can be used alone for a natural tint to the lips or underneath regular lipstick, the choice is yours. I was amazed at how long lasting the stain was despite eating and drinking and washing my face. Also, I was super impressed with just how smudge proof it was.






Curiosa reports that the Henna Lips contain wheat protein and a fresh peppermint fragrance to make lips feel cool and refreshed, however I did not notice any cooling sensation. I also couldn’t smell the peppermint as much.

Whats more, is that the colour range is excellent, it currently comes in seventeen shades to suit your mood so there is a shade out there for everyone. The shade I tried was Strawberry Red.
Again, as with all their Henna pens, ensure that the cap is securely fit to avoid drying out the extracts. Again, as a busy mum running around, I just love how I can just pop this on and not worry about needing to top up my lipstick every so often.

Overall, would I recommend these products to family and friends? Most definitely yes, the packaging is great, as is their customer service. The products are amazing and are really innovative, not to mention with 100% natural ingredients with a semi permanent stain for longer lasting natural makeup.

Thank you again to Curiosa Neways for allowing me to try these products. Have you tried anything from their range?

Be sure to follow them on Facebook and Instagram.

Love and Lipstick

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment